DON'T MISS ALL THE FUN! WINTER BREAK CAMP DEC. 23 - JAN. 3
READ THE LATEST WINTER ISSUE OF "YOUR COMMUNITY CONNECTION"
GOT QUESTIONS? WE HAVE ANSWERS!
American Red Cross Babysitter Training Course
Developed For Youth Like You! American Red Cross Babysitting Training
Novmember 11, 2013
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fee: $85. (Includes training materials)
Register at www.redcross.org or call 1-800-733-2767
Bring a lunch,snacks and drinks.
Babysitter’s Training has been newly revised by the American Red Cross with input from youth just like you. The course is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, exciting video, role-plays and lively discussions. You’ll learn to be the best babysitter on the block. Plus, you’ll gain the confidence to make smart decisions and stay safe in any babysitting
You’ll learn how to:
- Supervise children and infants.
- Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding.
- Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys.
- Handle bedtime and discipline issues.
- Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
- Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- Find and interview for babysitting jobs.
- Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED on the second day.
Contact Abby Durham for more information at 879-0411 or email@example.com.