NEW! YOU AND ME: TOGETHER CLASSES FOR 4 MOS. - 2 YEARS BEGIN SEPT. 8view more information
12TH ANNUAL FRIEDMAN FAMILY FOUNDATION LJCC JEWISH FOOD FESTIVAL OCT. 19view more information
REGISTER NOW TO "CAMP OUT" AT THE J ON OUR SCHOOL'S OUT DAY, OCT. 13view more information
Sam Lapidus Montclair Run
38th Annual Sam Lapidus Montclair Run
The Sam Lapidus Montclair Run will be held at the Levite Jewish Community Center on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 27, 2014.
As we approach the the 37th annual Sam lapidus Montclair Run, we celebrate the life of Sam Lapidus – his love of fitness and the LJCC, his love of family and friends, his love of life, which he lived to the fullest.
Proceeds will benefit the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s of Alabama and the LJCC Fitness Program. We are hoping that you will support this year’s Run and we thank you in advance for your participation and generosity.
All donations made to the Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders stay local and help children in Alabama by enhancing services, building new programs and recruiting new physicians and researchers.
|Thursday, November 27, 2014|
|8:30 AM (10k)|
|10:00 AM (1 Mile Fun Run)|
|10k Paper Registration||$36|
|Late Registration (after 11/21/14)||$36|
|1 Mile Fun Run (per person)||$18|
Click here to see a map of the run route.
QUESTIONS: Contact Dan Tourtellotte at 879-0411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USATF Certified Course
- Super Awards - Trophies, T-shirts, Sport Watches
- Long sleeve T-shirt to all 10K entrants
- Short sleeve T-shirt to all Fun Run entrants
- AMB chip timing
- Mile markers - Time splits
- Traffic control by police
- Water station at mid-point and finish
- Lockers - Showers - Restrooms
- Awards to overall and top 3 male and female in each age group winners
- Proceeds benefit activities of the LJCC (a United Way Agency) & Childhood Cancer Research Fund at Children's of Alabama
- Drawing for free LJCC membership
- Medical aid station at finish
- Drawing for 12 free turkeys (compliments of Piggly Wiggly) & Le Creuset Dutch Oven
- Drawing for a pair of running shoes from the Trak Shak
- Refreshments: water, Coke, Powerade
Out and Back With Rolling Hills
Start at LJCC 3960 Montclair Road head west on Montclair Road to Memory Lane; turn around head east on Montclair Road to Putnam School; Turn Around head west on Montclair Road and finish at LJCC.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, November 27st 9:00am - 5:00pm race packet pick up and registration at the Levite Jewish Community Center
Thursday, November 28th (Race Day) 7:00am - 8:30am race day registration 10k and 1 mile Fun Run and race packet pickup at the LJCC gymnasium
8:30am 10k start
8:30am - 9:45am Fun Run registration
10:00am Fun Run start
10:30 (approximatley) Awards Ceremony in LJCC gymnasium
How to Register:
1) register online
2) in person at the LJCC
3) by mail - P.O. Box 131394 35213
4) Race Day prior to the start of the event
The J is a place where people of all faiths and communities come together for wellness of mind, body and soul.