IT'S NOT TOO LATE! ROUND UP YOUR KIDS & REGISTER FOR CAMP AT THE J!view more information
FALL SOCCER AT THE J BEGINS AUG. 25, REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
WELCOME IN SHABBAT WITH OUR BEAUTIFUL & DELICIOUS SHABBATOTE!view more information
Employment Opportunities at the J
The Levite Jewish Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to download an employment application for the jobs listed below.
The following positions are currently available:
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs and activities that help the JCC to execute our mission
• Work closely with the ED to develop strategies and serve as the conduit between ED and program staff for the implementation of strategy and vision
• Supervise heads of specific program departments of the JCC:
- Set department goals, monitor and evaluate achievement of goals, participant satisfaction, marketing strategies, etc.
- Monitor department budgets ensuring that they utilize the JCC's financial resources productively.
- Encourage innovation
- Identify revenue opportunities and work with department directors to maximize those opportunities
- Hire, evaluate and train department directors. Supervise the hiring, development and evaluation of department staff.
- Provide effective leadership and motivation of the program staff through the use of sound principles of management and supervision.
- As part of the management team:
o ensure that the JCC's programs, activities and functions are effective in carrying out the mission and that appropriate resources are in place to meet the agency's needs
o participate in the process of short and long term strategic planning program and evaluation and implementation of the plans
o participate in efforts in the areas of membership recruitment and retention, marketing and communications, financial resource development, and special events planning and implementation.
• Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every member/participant is treated with dignity and respect in a friendly and personal manner.
• Anticipate and be responsive to member/participant needs and requests
• Participate in agency-wide activities and programs
Perform other related duties as required or directed
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects
• Experience in non-profit program development and management, preferably within a Jewish communal organization
• Managerial experience, including direct leadership of program professionals, administrative, and clerical support staff
• Experience working with volunteers and lay committees
• Strong knowledge of Jewish history, culture, and practice
• Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and move quickly from one project to another while maintaining overall perspective
• Demonstrated track record of motivating and energizing others
• Experience working in the field of sports, fitness, or camping is preferred
• Strong budgeting, strategic planning, and marketing skills
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Proven abilities in planning and implementing large scale programs
• Master degree preferred
• 5-7 years experience
Preschool and Toddler Teachers
The Cohn Early Childhood Learning Center at the Levite Jewish Community Center is currently accepting applications for one full-time toddler teacher and one full-time preschool teacher. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing children with a safe and nurturing learning environment, implementing developmentally appropriate learning activities, interacting with children and encouraging their involvement in activities, meeting children’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs, evaluating children's progress and communicating with parents. Preferred applicants must be 19 or older with either a Bachelor’s or Associates Degree and experience working with children in a preschool setting. Applicants with CDA certification and/or sufficient experience will also be considered. Please contact Barbara Traweek
Substitute Teachers (pre-school)
Do you love working with children? Do you have free time during the day? If so the Cohn Early Childhood Learning Center is looking for you. Positions are now available for substitute teachers. Applicants must be 19 or older,high school grad., hours vary & pay depends on education & experience. Send resume to or contact Barbara at email@example.com or 879-0411 ext. 234.
The LJCC is seeking part-time lifeguards. All certifications must be up to date. Please contact Miriam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 879-0411 ext. 242.
The J is a place where people of all faiths and communities come together for wellness of mind, body and soul.